Killeen High School Announcements
- Bus Riders – If you ride a bus home in the afternoon this is your reminder to go to the cafeteria and sit inside until your bus number is put onto the board to load. Students are not allowed to stand outside in the bus loading area until their bus has arrived. Being in the cafeteria ensures that you do not miss the bus and administrators inside can hold buses if they know you are going to load the bus. After school all bus riders go to the Cafeteria and have a seat.
- All student vehicles must have a new permit. Permits are $10.00 per vehicle and may be purchased at the cashier’s window. Vehicles without a new sticker will be towed at the owner’s expense. Must have valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and registration for vehicle.
- The cashier is now located in the Auditorium Lobby in the ticket booth.
- Next week is National Gear Up week. Monday is “Effort is tied to success” – Tie Dye day.
- Picture day for 9th, 10th, 11th graders and Staff will be September 28th, 29th and 30th.
- The tennis team is still looking for players to continue to build the Roo Tennis Dynasty. If you are interested in being part of this great movement see Coach Jeter in room 326, coach Vu in room 611 or come to the tennis courts after school. Let be a part of something great!
- Softball is having a fundraiser. You can purchase a customized stainless steel tumbler. These cups can be personalized for any sport, club, etc.
You can also put a name of the back of the cup. See a softball player, Michelle Rogers or fill out the attachment and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- First volleyball game is today, September 18th against Central Texas Christian Academy. Freshman will start at 4:30 pm, JV at 5:30 pm and Varsity at 6:30 pm. Tickets are $2 for students, $3 for adults and free for staff.
- Lady Roo basketball try-outs will be October 21st and 22nd from 6-8 am. Student-athletes must have a physical and all online paperwork completed to attend try-outs. You must see Coach Graham before September 22nd to try-out.
- Our Athletic Booster is hosting a Lady Roo Volleyball serve-a-thon next Tuesday, September 22nd in the KHS gym. We are looking for sponsors for athletes. You can either pledge a flat fee or pledge per serve. Example, $2 per serve and the athlete makes 10 serves the pledge amount would be $20. The serves must be made consecutively and once an athlete misses a serve the next athlete is up to serve. We will start with the freshman and 4:30 pm followed by JV and then Varsity. Our serve-a-thon is our biggest fundraising event and we raised over $3000 dollars last year. We would really appreciate the support again this year. You can come watch the event and we will have a concession stand with prepackaged items or the event will be streamed live on our YouTube channel. I have attached the pledge sheet. You may get emails from athletes who are virtual or you may be asked by a face to face athlete in the next few days. If you already have an athlete in mind please email Coach Davis at Kecia.email@example.com and let her know.
- Gaming club meets every Wednesday after school in room 612.
- Are you interested in joining Student Council? Student Council will be having their first meeting on Monday, September 21st at 5 pm. The meeting will be in the small gym/cafeteria to ensure social distancing, on zoom, or we will be recording the meeting so you can watch it the next day.
- Take the SAT for free at school on October 14th. All seniors are welcome. If you have any questions, please stop by the counselors’ office in the front office area.
- Mr and Miss Roo applications will be available in October. You can view the qualifications on our KHS Facebook and Instagram pages.
- Senior retakes are scheduled for November 10th, 12th, and 13th. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Waits in room 222.
- Our senior panoramic is scheduled for January 22nd. More information to come later on.
Student Activities Secretary
Killeen High School