Welcome to the Killeen High School International Baccalaureate Program
The IB Mission Statement
The International Baccalaureate Organization aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect. To this end the IBO works with schools, governments, and international organizations to develop challenging programs of international education and rigorous assessment. These programs encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.
What is so special about IB programmes?
- IB programs are recognized around the world and ensure an increased adaptability and mobility for IB students.
- IB programs focus on international perspectives of learning and teaching while insisting that students fully explore their home culture and language.
- IB World Schools undergo an exhaustive authorization process in order to offer IB programs, including a study of the school’s resources and commitment to the IBO mission and philosophy.
- IB teachers participate in extensive professional development opportunities to constantly update their knowledge and share their expertise with colleagues around the world.
- Many students graduating from the Diploma Program find that it enhances their college opportunities.
- The core components of IB programs encourage students to participate in creative and service-oriented activities, while at the same time emphasizing the importance of reflection on a personal and academic level.